News & Events
- Welcome to James West! He is a new M.S. student in the lab working on spiny lizard response to climate change.
- May. Working Group, Conservation Paleontology in East Africa. Funded by International Union of Biological Sciences – integrated Climate Change Biology Program. Hosted by Jason J. Head. Museum of Zoology, Cambridge, UK
- Rachel Short, John Jacisin, and Michelle Lawing presented work at the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology Annual Meeting in August.
- Dr. Beth Reinke is joining us as a Postdoctoral Scholar this Fall. Welcome back!
- Congratulations to Chase Brooke for earning his M.S. and good luck to him as he starts his PhD program at Michigan State University!
- Congraulations to Dr. Beth Reinke for earning her PhD!
- Leila Siciliano Martina presented work at the American Society of Mammalogists in June.
- Louis Addae-Wireko collected data from fieldwork across Texas.
- May 3-5, National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) Investigative Workshop. Species Range Shifts in a Warming World. Knoxville, TN
- March 6-8, iCCB Training Workshop, Traits past, present, and future: Quantitative approaches to paleontology, conservation, and climate change biology in Africa. National Museums of Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Beth Reinke, senior PhD student at Dartmouth, is joining us as a visiting scientist this semester.
- January 27-30, Jesse Meik, Evolutionary Biologist, to visit Texas A&M Univ.
- A big welcome to three new PhD students joining the lab this semester: John Jacisin, Rachel Short, and Leila Siciliano Martina.
- March 24-28, 2016, Jenny McGuire to visit Texas A&M Univ!
- March 15-20, 2016, Dispersal Biogeography Working Group at the National Institute of Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS), University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- October 19-22, 2015, Nick Matzke to visit Texas A&M Univ
- September 13-16, 2015, Michelle Lawing to go to Conservation Paleobiology Symposium "Integrating biology and paleobiology to enhance conservation of terrestrial ecosystems on a rapidly changing planet" at University of California, Berkeley
- September 10-12, 2015, Michelle Lawing to go to Symposium "Latest Methods in Reconstructing Cenozoic Terrestrial Environments and Ecological Communities" at Case Western in Cleveland, Ohio
- September 7, 2015, Brian O'Meara seminar on "Dealing with the heterogeneity of life for comparative methods" 3:30 pm (2404 MSC)
- September 6-8, 2015, Brian O'Meara to visit Texas A&M Univ
- August 21-23, 2015, Open Source for Open Science Workshop with Nicole Angeli and Chris Blazier
- Chase Brooke, Sloan Program for Exemplary Mentoring Scholar, is joining the lab Summer 2015! Welcome!
- May 11-14, 2015, NIMBioS Working Group -- Dispersal Biogeography
- November 7, 2014, Open Source for Open Science Workshop -- Evolution
- Wesley Vermillion, COALS Excellence Scholar, is joining the lab Fall 2014! Welcome!
- Louis Addae-Wireko, Fulbright Scholar, is joining the lab Fall 2014! Welcome!
- July 10-12, 2014, Open Source for Open Science Workshop hosted by EEB (~80 participants!), organized and instructed by Rebecca Clark and Michelle Lawing. A special thanks to Rebecca Clark and the other instructors including Tom Olszewski, Claudio Casola, and Mike Treglia!
- June 13, 2014, Congratulations to Rosaleen March for successfully completing her written and comprehensive exams towards her Doctorate! She is now ABD!
- June 8-11, 2014, Michelle Lawing gave an invited lecture in the A. Watson Armour III Research Seminar Series at the Field Museum on "Fossils, Phylogenies, and Climate: Calibrating the Geographic Response of Species to Climate Change" in Chicago, IL.
- June 4, 2014, Michelle Lawing went to NIMBioS for a short term visit to work with a group on "Conservation in context: Combining biogeography and species traits to mechanistically model population spread under climate change" in Knoxville, TN.
- May 5-8, 2014, Michelle Lawing attended an sDiv workshop on “Integrating Phylogenies, Fossils and Earth System Dynamics (sFOSSIL)” in Leipzig, Germany.
- April 6-8, 2014, iCCB Meeting hosted by the Lawing Lab at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX.
- March 13-14, 2014, Michelle Lawing visited the Texas A&M University Santa Chiara Study Institute in the Tuscan hill town of Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy.
- March 11, 2014, Michelle Lawing visited the lab of Grazia Masciandaro at the Institute for Ecosystem Studies at the Italian National Research Council facilities in Pisa, Italy.
- Howdy! The Lawing Lab began January 2014 at Texas A&M University.