Inspired Nanomaterials and Tissue Engineering (iNanoTE) Lab
Welcome to the Inspired Nanomaterials and Tissue Engineering (iNanoTE) Lab! Our research spans diverse fields, including materials science, chemistry, stem cells biology and microfabrication of polymeric biomaterials and nanocomposites. Specifically, the lab is developing biomimetic nanomaterials with native interface tissue-like gradient in physical and chemical properties, integrating advanced micro- and nano- fabrication technologies to mimic native interface tissue architecture and directing stem cell behavior to obtain regionalized tissue constructs in vitro and in vivo.
This integrated approach brings together a range of seemingly disparate disciplines that will address some of the complexity associated with engineering functional tissue interfaces in a manner that is otherwise not possible. Our research approach is focused on innovation and translational research in Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science and Stem Cells.
The mission of the iNanoTE is to create a research environment that stimulates and fosters a broad range of interdisciplinary approaches to understand nanomaterials-stem cell interactions and bridge the gap between scientific discovery and clinical translation. In particular, the lab will:
(a) Develop and support a highly collaborative research environment in the area of materials science, stem cell biology, and engineering;
(b) Focus on both fundamental and translational research in regenetative medicine; and
(c) Encourage rapid translation of discoveries into innovative and practical clinical applications.
Desining Injectable Hydrogels for Hemorrhage.
Follow Us @
- Jaiswal M.K., Xavier J.R., Desai P., Carrow J.K., Alge D., Gaharwar A.K.*, “Mechanically stiff nanocomposite hydrogels at ultralow nanoparticle content” , ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (1), 246–256
- Chimene D., Lennox K.K., Gaharwar A.K.*, “Advanced Bioinks for 3D Printing: A Materials Science Perspective” Annals of Biomedical Engineering , 44 (6), 2090-2102, 2016
- Gaharwar A.K., Arpanaei A., Andresen T.L., Dolatshahi-Pirouz A.*, “3D Biomaterial Microarrays for Regenerative Medicine: Current state-of-the-art, Emerging Directions and Future Trends”, Advanced Materials, 2016 28 (4), 771–781.
- Xavier J.R, Thakur T., Desai P., Jaiswal M.K., Sears N., Cosgriff-Hernandez E., Kaunas R., Gaharwar A.K.*; “Bioactive Nanoengineered Hydrogels for Bone Tissue Engineering: A Growth-Factor-Free Approach” ACS Nano, 2015, 9 (3), pp 3109–3118
- Carrow J.K., Gaharwar A.K.*; “Bioinspired Polymeric Nanocomposites for Regenerative Medicine” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics 2015, 216 (3) 248-264.
- Gaharwar A.K., Peppas N.*, Khademhosseinni, A.*; “Nanocomposite Hydrogels For Biomedical Applications” Biotechnology and Bioengineering (2014) 111 (3) (2014) 441-453.
- Gaharwar, A.K.#, Mihaila S.M#, Swami A., Patel A., Sant S., Reis R.L., Marques A.P., Gomes M.E., Khademhosseini A.*, “Bioactive Silicate Nanoplatelets for Osteogenic Diffrentiation of Human Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells” Advanced Materials 25 (24) (2013) 3329-3336.