- Risk aversion in contests. Economic Journal, July1995, with Stergios Skaperdas
- A test for global maximum. JASA, Sep 1999, with Jiming Jiang.
- Testing the Barten
Model of economies of scale in household consumption: toward resolving a
paradox of Deaton and Paxson. Journal of Political Economy.
December 2003, with Victoria Vernon.
- The effects of bracketing in wealth
estimation. Review of Income and Wealth,
49(2), June 2003, with
- A simulation-based welfare loss
calculation for labor taxes with piecewise-linear budgets. Journal of Public Economics: 88
(2004), with Don Fullerton.
- Cost-effective policies to reduce
vehicle emissions. American
Economic Review Papers and Proceedings. May 2005, with Don Fullerton.
- The thick market effect on local
unemployment rate fluctuations. Journal
of Econometrics 133(2006),
with Qinghua Zhang.
- Is the Zipf
law spurious in explaining cit-size
with Dong Li and Shunfeng Song.
- A simple model of optimal hate
crime legislation. Economic
Inquiry. 2010, with Roberton
Williams III and Thomas Wiseman.
- An alternative root-n consistent estimator
for panel data binary choice models. Journal of Econometrics 157 (2010), with
- Making friends with your
neighbors? Agglomeration and tacit collusion in the lodging industry.
Review of Economics and Statistics,
2013, with Manuel
- Residential mobility, neighborhood
effects, and education attainment of blacks and whites. Econometric Review, with Yan Dong and Yingning Wang, 2015
- Efficiency of thin and thick
markets. with Qi
Li. Journal of Econometrics,
- A simple test of private information
in the insurance markets with heterogeneous insurance demand. Economics Letters 2015, with Feng Huang and
- Do natural disasters cause an
excessive fear of heights? Evidence from the Wenchuan
earthquake. Journal of Urban
Economics, 2015, with
Guoying Deng and Manuel Hernandez
- “Impact of China’s
Urban Employees Basic Medical Insurance on Health Care
Expenditure and Health Outcomes.” Health
Economics, 2015, with Feng Huang.
- “Strategic and Non-Strategic: The Role
of Financial Benefit in Bankruptcy.” Economic Inquiry, 2015, with Shuoxun Zhang and Tarun Sabarwal