Dr. North and I , Beijing China 1995
- 2018 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for dedication to the profession.
- 2018 Marquis Who's Who, which is comprised of the top 3% of the professionals in the world.
- Annual Great Thinker — 2016 China Business Leaders, awarded by the China Business Net-work.
- 2015 Sun Yefang Prize Winner, the highest prize honor in economic science in China, for my book, “China’s Reform: History, Logic and Future”.
- Listed in Who's Who in Economics, a biographical dictionary of over 700 most frequently cited economists throughout the world, 4th edition, edited by Mark Blaug and Howard R. Vane, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2003.
- 2002 Best Paper Award: “A Theory of Ownership Arrangements and Smooth Transition To
A Free Market Economy,” China Economic Quarterly, 1 (2001), 45-70 (in Chinese).
- Research Fellowship, Private Enterprise Research Center, Texas A&MUniversity, 1995-present.
- Zhu Kezhen International Lectureship Award, in recognition of my academic excellence and
contribution to Zhejiang University, China, 2001.
- The Lewis Faculty Fellowship Award in College of Liberal Arts, Texas A&M University, 1996-
- Tamkang University Lectureship Award, Tamkang University, Taiwan, 1996.
- Listed in Who's Who in the South and Southwest, 24th edition, 1995.
- 1994 National Chinese Book Award, A Series of Popular Economics Books for Institutional
Transition in China.
- Elected Honorary member of Chinese Economists Society, 1993-present.
- Elected Fellow of Chinese Economists Society, 1992 - present.
- Nominee of Presidential Young Investigator Awards in 1989, 1990.
- Alfred P. Sloan Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, 1986 - 1987.