I am a second year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Texas A&M University, advised by Prof. James Caverlee. I received my Master's degree in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology and my Bachelor's degree in Information Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. I am interested in data mining and recommendation system. Currently, I focus on applying neural models to different recommendation scenarios.
- Fairness-Aware Recommendation of Information Curators.
Proceedings of ACM FATRec Workshop, 2018
Ziwei Zhu, Jianling Wang, Yin Zhang and James Caverlee.
- Stockyard: A discrete event-based stock market exchange simulator.
Simulation Conference (WSC), 2017 Winter.
Jianling Wang, Vivek George, Tucker Balch, and Maria Hybinette.
- Research Summer Intern, OMXWare team, IBM Research, Almaden, CA, June 2018 - Aug 2018.
Project: Exploring Gene Editing and CRISPR with OMXWare.
- Research Summer Intern, Labbook team, IBM Research, Almaden, CA, May 2017 - Aug 2017.
Project: Worked on text Analytics for context extraction and enrichment
- Summer Research Engineer, Research Group, Airwatch VMWare, Atlanta, GA June 2018 - Aug 2018.
Project: Worked on the research project for driver detection and enforcement and mainly focused on the scalable server and machine learning engine.
- Research Assistant, Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Research Institute, Hong Kong, May 2015 - June 2015.
Project: Designed and developed the trading strategy recommendation system using C#
- Research Assistant, Hong Kong Applied Science & Technology Research Institute, Hong Kong, May 2014 - Aug 2014.
Project: Developed a virtual whiteboard app in Android for an online course and training system using Java
- Graduate Teaching Assistant: CS 7646 Machine Learning for Trading, Georgia Tech, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017
- Detecting driving and modifying access to a user device.
U.S. Patent 9,979,814, issued May, 2018.
Chaoting Xuan, Ravish Chawla, Jianling Wang, and Kar Fai Tse