- Junseo successfully completed his doctoral dissertation defense with flying colors. Hard work paid off. Congratulations Junseo!!
September 22, 2016.
- For the third consecutive year from 2013 to 2015, Prof. Choi named a 2015 Outstanding Reviewer by the ASCE's Journal of Construction Engineering and Management that is widely regarded as one of the highest impact journals by his peers.
April 14, 2016
- Prof. Choi has awarded a two-year research grant ($211,381) from the Texas Department of Transportation. (Role: Co-Principal Investigator).
May 21, 2015
- For excellence in teaching, Professor Choi recently earned the honorable “2015 Fluor Educator of the Year” Award for the second time by having the highest teaching evaluation scores and by a vote of the
graduating class. The award honors one faculty member who has distinguished him/herself in teaching excellence. Professor Choi receives a generous honorarium through a donation from Fluor Corporation. Professor Choi awarded the honor April 9 at the COSC annual scholarship & awards banquet at College Station Hilton.
April 14, 2015
- For the second year in a row, Prof. Choi named a recipient of the 2014 Outstanding Reviewer award by the ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
March 23, 2015
- A total of eight talented graduate students just joined the lab from spring 2015. A warm welcome goes to JK, Vanshdeep, Rohan, Sri, Abhishek, Binith, Vihita, and Bhavik.
January 06, 2015
- Many congratulations to Junseo. He has passed a preliminary exam with flying colors. Congratulations are extended to Hyunsoung for his successful completion of final thesis defense. Way to go Junseo and Hyunsoung!!
December 09, 2014
- Prof. Choi’s proposal, titled “Scoping and Managing Critical Transportation Infrastructure Projects”, has been selected for funding. In this initiative, Prof Choi's research activities will be closely interwoven with his innovative comprehensive educational plan, whose overall goal lies in enhancing students’ learning outcomes that promote integrative and lifelong learning.
May 21, 2014
- Prof. Choi has been selected as a 2013 Outstanding Reviewer by ASCE’s Journal of Construction
Engineering and Management. Besides his extensive activity as a
reviewer, Dr. Choi also serves on the editorial board of the journal and is an Assistant Specialty Editor for the
Cost and Schedule section of the journal.
April 10, 2014
- Two graduate students just joined the lab, including a Ph.D. student Kris Kyeong Rok Ryu. They would be playing a pivotal role as a new momentum for the expansion and growth of the lab. Welcome aboard: Kris & Ankit. Blessed days will come ahead, as lab’s expertise and experience, combined with its cross-disciplinary work approach, will be fully utilized to position you all in a uniquely competent position to conduct high-payoff research studies.
April 08, 2014
- Prof. Choi has received the prestigious 2013-2014 'Montague-CTE Scholars' award. The Montague-CTE Scholars program recognizes one tenure-track assistant professor in each college who has already demonstrated a commitment to and evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching. August 13, 2013
- Prof. Choi named the winner of the honorable “2013 Fluor Educator of the Year" Award for Teaching Excellence, earned by having the highest teachng evaluation scores and by a vote of the graduating class.
April 11, 2013
- Five graduate students join the lab this semester. Welcome aboard: Junseo (Ph.D.), Prateek, Nelson, Mia, and Hyunsoung.
April 01, 2013
- Prof. Choi has been named Assistant Specialty Editor of Cost and Schedule for the Journal of Construction Engineering and Management published by the American Society of Civil Engineers and widely regarded as one of the top journals in its field.January 15, 2013
- Prof Choi's research paper titled "Macroeconomic Labor Productivity and Its Impact on Firm's Profitability" has been accepted for publication in the Journal of The Operational Research Society (JORS: Special Issue on Construction Management). JORS is the flagship journal of the Operational Research Society, widely regarded as one of the top journals in its field.
October 26, 2012
- Prof. Choi has awarded a research contract ($184,490) from the Texas Department of Transportation. (Role: Co-Principal Investigator)
August 08, 2012
- Yoo Hyun, Parth and Zhuting finished their two year journey to earn a MS degree. Hats off to all for adding the valuable works to the lab.
July 18, 2012
- The journal article by Cho et al. on pavement marking removal methods has been accepted for publication in the ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
May 17, 2012
- Prof. Choi won a research award ($56,625) from the U.S. Department of Transportation UTC Program (SWUTC) (Role: Principal Investigator).
March 02, 2012
- Prof. Choi receives a NCHRP research grant ($250,000) from Transportation Research Board of the National Academies (Role: Co-PI).
April 02, 2012