Neil Orlando Diaz Martinez
Industrial and Systems Engineering Department
Dwight College of Engineering
Texas A&M University
Electrical engineer specialized in information and communications technologies for the oil and gas industry with more than 11 years of experience in this field. Mr. Diaz possesses a thorough understanding of the technical and managerial aspects of the design, construction, and operation of IT platforms. Right now he is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Texas A&M University under Dr. Natarajan Gautam's supervision and an Entrepreneur In Training at the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES).
- MBA, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia, 2013.
- M.S. Communications and Information Systems, Universidad Distrital FJC, Bogotá, Colombia, 2009.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia, 2003.
- Colombian Government Graduate Loan – Scholarship to study in the US, Colfuturo, 2016.
- PhD Scholarship (program postponed), Ecopetrol S.A., 2015.
- Top junior professionals Selection Program, Ecopetrol S.A., 2005.
- Entrepreneur In Training, Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES), College Station, Texas, USA, Apr/2017.
- Upstream IT Architect, Ecopetrol S.A., Bogotá, Colombia, Jun/2012 – Jul/2016.
- Project Manager, Ecopetrol S.A., Bogotá, Colombia, Ago/2008 – May/2012.
- ICT Operations Specialist, Ecopetrol S.A., Bogotá, Colombia, Oct/2005 – Jul/2008.
- IT Support Engineer, MVA S.A., Bogotá, Colombia Sep/2004 – Sep/2005.
- Lecturer, Escuela Colombiana de Carreras Industriales, Bogotá, Colombia, Jan/2006 – Nov/2006.
Birds and nature photos
Last update: Sep 2017