Yin ZhangDepartment of Computer Science and Engineering
Texas A&M University
Office: Bright Building (HRBB)
E-mail: zhan13679 (at)tamu.edu
Howdy! I am a PhD student in Computer Sicence at Texas A&M University advised by Dr. James Caverlee and work at the infolab Lab. I got my Master degree in the Department of Statistics at University of California, Davis. I received a B.S. in Department of Mathematics and minored in Psychology at Beijing Normal University in 2014. Please find my CV here.
My current research focuses on recommender systems, specifically the complementary item recommendation and fashion recommendation. I am also working on how to effictively utilize visual and textual information for recommendation methods.
I am currently looking for an internship in Summer 2019.
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Time series analysis
- Big data analytics
Yin Zhang, Haokai Lu, Wei Niu and James Caverlee,
Quality-Aware Neural Complementary Item Recommendation,
RecSys 2018 (acceptance rate: 17.7% )
Ziwei Zhu, Jianling Wang, Yin Zhang, James Caverlee, Fairness-Aware Recommendation of Information Curators, RecSys, Workshop, 2018.
Yin Zhang, Xiaohua Yang, Ling Zhang, et al. Set Pair Analysis Based on Phase Space Reconstruction Model and Its Application in Forecasting Extreme Temperature, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2013, 2013. (SCI, IF:1.383)
Lingxia Qiao, Yin Zhang, et al. Analysis model for forecasting extreme temperature using refined rank set pair. Thermal Science 17.5 (2013): 1369-1374. (SCI, IF: 1.45)
- Intern, Workday, Data Scientist, June - Aug, 2016. Sales analysis.
- Teaching assistant, worked with Dr. James Caverlee, in CSCE 470 Information Retrieval - undergraduate level course offered (Sep, 2018).
- Journal Reviewer: Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Intelligent Systems, Information Retrieval Journal
- National Second Prize, National College Mathematical Contest in Modeling (more than 70000 college student took part, 6.5% nationwide), 2012
- Honorable Prize, American Mathematical Contest in Modeling (ICM)(40% worldwide), 2013
- First prize of Academic Scholarship, 2012-2013
- Second prize of Contest Scholarship, 2012-2013
- Outstanding Undergraduate Research Fund program in BNU, 2013
- Outstanding National Training Programs of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in BNU, 2014