Howdy! I am a Ph.D. student in the Computer Science & Engineering Department at Texas A&M University, advised by Prof. James Caverlee. My research area is about social media, recommender system, machine learning, and data mining. Specifically, my research focuses on developing machine learning methods and algorithms for user modeling in social media, and for recommender system.
Previously, I obtained my Bachelor's degree from Computer Science & Engineering Department at Texas A&M University in Spring, 2015.
- TrailMix: An Ensemble Recommender System for Playlist Curation and Continuation
The ACM Conference Series on Recommender Systems (RecSys), 2018.
Xing Zhao, Qingquan Song, James Caverlee, Xia Hu
- Vitriol on Social Media: Curation and Investigation
Social Informatics (SocInfo), 2018.
Xing Zhao and James Caverlee.
- Teaching Assistant: CCSCE 470: Information Storage and Retrieval, TAMU, Spring, 2018
- Teaching Assistant: CSCE 411: Honors Introduction to Program Design and Concepts, TAMU, Fall, 2016
- Teaching Assistant: CSCE 221: Data Structures and Algorithms (Implementation in C++), TAMU, Spring, 2016
- Teaching Assistant: CSCE 411: Design and Analysis of Algorithms, TAMU, Fall, 2015