I am an Instructional Assistant Professor
in the Department of Statistics at Texas A&M University. I am also a Research Associate at the Data Science Facility Core at The Texas A&M Center for Environmental Health Research (TiCER) under the supervision of Prof. Raymond J. Carroll and Prof. Weihsueh Chiu. Here is a link to my CV.
Research and Teaching Interests: My research interests involve analyzing high-throughput genomic datasets for statistical patterns and developing statistical methodology for toxicological problems. I also have a keen interest in interdisciplinary research on developing design strategies and analyzing multiregional clinical trial with multiple references. In the past, I have worked on developing methodology for sufficient dimension reduction and variable selection. My pedagogical interests involve teaching the Bioinformatics course in the Department of Statistics for online masters students and introductory statistics courses for undergraduates.
Current Teaching (Fall 2022)
Past Teaching (Spring 2022)
- Adragni K.P. and Karmakar M. (2014) A sequential test for variable selection in high dimensional complex data,
Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 81 (1): 107-120.
- Grimm F. A, Klaren W.D., Li X., Lehmler H-J., Karmakar M., Robertson L , Chiu W.A., and Rusyn I. (2020)
Cardiovascular Effects of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and
Their Major Metabolites, Environmental Health Perspectives, 128 (7): 077008.
- Burnett, S. D., Karmakar M., Murphy, W. J., Chiu, W. A., Rusyn, I. (2021). A new approach method for characterizing inter-species toxicodynamic variability, Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A , 84 (24), 1020-1039.
- Karmakar M., Lai, P. C., Sinha, S., Glaser, S., Chakraborty, S. (2021). Identification of miR-203a, mir-10a, and miR-194 as predictors for risk of lymphovascular invasion in head and neck cancers, Oncotarget, 12 (15), 1499-1519.
- Pérez Gómez, A. A. P., Karmakar M., Carroll, R. J., Lawley, K. S., Amstalden, K., Young, C. R.,Threadgill, D., Walsh, J., Brinkmeyer-Langford, C. (2021) Genetic and immunological contributors to virus-induced paralysis, Brain, behavior, & immunity-health , 18, 100395.
- Pérez Gómez, A.A., Karmakar, M., Carroll, R.J., Lawley, K.S., Amstalden, K., Young, C.R., Threadgill, D.W., Welsh, C.J. and Brinkmeyer-Langford, C. (2022) Serum Cytokines Predict Neurological Damage in Genetically Diverse Mouse Models, Cells , 11(13), 2044.
- National Science Foundation (DMS) Conference grant: Advances in Data Science: Theory, Methods and Computation, PI: Moumita Karmakar, co-PI: Bani Mallick, 03/01/2022 - 02/28/2023, $18,605
- National Institutes of Health, P30 Toxicology Center [TCEHR] Texas A\&M Center for Environmental Health Research, PI: David Threadgill, Research Associate: Moumita Karmakar, 04/01/2019 - 03/31/2024. $108,702 (total amount: $7,462, 922)
Address: Blocker 415D
155 Ireland Street
College Station, TX 77845
Email: mkarmakar [AT] stat [DOT] tamu [DOT] edu
Phone: (979) 845-3141